Paleo Apple Walnut Muffins
Delicious and nutritious Paleo Apple Walnut Muffins.
Here at Flannerys we LOVE walnuts! Why? These little beauties are full of goodness.
Walnuts are low in sugar and sodium and contain a variety of nutrients including good fats, protein, fibre, antioxidants as well as an array of vitamins and minerals.
- 1 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Almond Meal
- 1 tsp Flannerys Own Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Splash Flannerys Own Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 3 tsp Flannerys Own Organic Maple Syrup
- 5 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Walnut Halves, roughly chopped
- 2 organic sweet apples, grated
- *Add two tablespoons of Flannerys Own Chia Seeds for extra goodness!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg. Stir until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl add the eggs, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar – whisking until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add in the coconut oil and mix well.
- Finally, fold through the walnuts.
- Transfer around 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture into each hole of the muffin tin. Bake muffins for around 15 minutes or cooked through.
- Enjoy your Paleo Apple Walnut Muffins with a warm herbal tea!