Oat Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets are an old favourite, perfect for a tasty mid-week dinner. Boost their nutrition by using oats as a breadcrumb substitute – they’re packed with beta-glucans for healthy cholesterol and soluble fibre that supports a healthy digestive system. Enjoy dipping them in your favourite sauce – Roza’s Gourmet have plenty of tasty options on offer in store!
500g organic chicken breast
2 cups organic rolled oats, coarsely ground in a blender or food processer
2 organic, free range egg whites
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Line a baking tray with lightly greased baking paper.
2. Whisk oats, oil, sea salt and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 minute.
3. Cut the chicken into rough rectangles. Roll in egg whites, then coat in oat mixture.
4. Place on baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
5. Serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce.