Nourishing Corn Chip Bowl
A healthy take on a Mexican favourite – this nourishing corn chip bowl delivers a delicious hit of flavours. If you’re vegetarian, gluten-free or dairy-free, you can still enjoy this nourishing bowl by simply swapping foods to suit your needs, just see our below suggestions.
1 tbsp Flannerys Own Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
1 tbsp Flannerys Own Certified Organic Raw Honey
1 organic and hormone-free Chicken Breast, sliced into small cubes (For our vegetarian friends, try swapping for organic roasted sweet potatoes.)
¼ cup organic rice, cooked (If you're gluten-free, simply swap rice for organic quinoa.)
200g organic corn pieces
1 organic medium tomato, diced
200g organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 organic red onion, chopped finely
Organic Spring onion, chopped finely
Organic Cheddar cheese, grated (If you cant have lactose, swap cheese for savoury yeast flakes.)
Fresh, unsweetened yoghurt or organic hummus
Flannerys Own Certified Organic Corn Chips
1. In a small bowl, coat chicken pieces in coconut oil and honey.
2. Heat a small fry pan over medium heat and add chicken pieces. Cook until golden on all sides and cooked all the way through.
3. In a medium sized bowl, divide the chicken, rice, corn and tomato into four sections around the bowl.
4. Top with kidney beans, red onion, spring onion and cheese.
5. Add a few tablespoons of fresh yoghurt in the middle of the sections.
6. Dip corn chips into the bowl and enjoy!