Mint Choc Truffles
Vegan | Gluten Free | Wheat Free
MAKES: Approximately 15
PREP: 3 hours
COOL TIME: Minimum 1-2 hours
Recipe by Laura Scherian
A little bite of rich, smooth, and tasty chocolate, with a sprinkle of crunch and a hint of mint. These minty truffles are truly divine, and sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
These little gems are very versatile, feel free to change the flavour. The same recipe can be made by removing the mint extract and adding 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence, a couple of drops of orange extract or even some rosewater for a Turkish delight twist.
A great home-made gift or something a little bit sweet to share after a dinner party.
- 250g bulk dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup Chefs Choice coconut milk
- ¼ cup Flannery’s cacao nibs
- pinch of salt
- 2 drops of Chefs Choice pure peppermint extract
- 2-3 Tbsp. Flannery’s cacao powder
- Place chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan until it just starts to simmer.
- Pour coconut milk over chocolate and loosely cover to trap in heat, leave for 5 minutes. Then, lift cover and gently stir, until completely melted and well combined.
- Add salt, peppermint extract and cacao nibs and combine. Put mixture, uncovered, in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Once firm, pour cacao powder into a small bowl ready to roll prepared truffle.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out a portion of mixture, quickly roll mixture into balls using your hands. Then roll in cacao powder. Continue this step until all mixture is used.
- Refrigerate truffles for 1-2 hours or ideally overnight so they are firm and set before serving. If it is warm these truffles will melt quickly, so store and serve from freezer.