Mexican Chilli Bean Dip
This delicious recipe has been provided to us by our #FlannerysFoodie BSKT. We recently sat down with Selasi Berdie, BSKT Director to get you all the insider info on everything BSKT – check out the interview HERE.
- 500g Flannerys Own Organic Corn Chips
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 4 green jalapeno chillies, chopped coarsely
- 2 red onions medium, diced
- 2 tbs Flannerys Own Organic Olive Oil
- 1 tbs gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150ml red wine
- 400g can tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to season
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil, onions, diced capsicums and jalapeno chillies, cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika and cinnamon, fry together for a few more minutes.
- Slowly add the wine stirring constantly. Tip the tomatoes and kidney beans into the pan and stir in the tomato puree, oregano, bay leaf and soy sauce. Season with a pinch of salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove top, then cover loosely with a lid.
- Reduce the heat and leave to simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce is thick.
- Using a stick mixer, blitz the bean mix to a coarse consistency.
- Serve in a bowl with corn chips.