Cheesy Gluten Free Vegan Margherita Pizza
Vegan, Gluten Free
Makes: 2 pizzas
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
The classic Margherita pizza has never been known for it’s nutritional profile, but we’ve changed things up just a little so you’re still getting that hit of veg, along with the cheesy and crispy characteristics crucial to a great pizza but not often supplied by vegan and gluten-free varieties. The key to maintaining that Margherita ‘cheesiness’ is in the cashew cheese base…
If you’ve got a spare 10 minutes give this recipe a try, it will be a new mid-week favourite!
- 4 heaped tbsp. Peace, Love & Vegetables Dill Cashew Cheese
- Gluten Freedom Pizza bases (2 x pack)
- 4 heaped tbsp. pizza sauce. We love Jolly Organic Pizza and Pasta sauce
- 200g pack Daiya Mozzarella style shreds
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp. Simply Organic dried basil
- 2 fresh organic tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls fresh organic baby spinach leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare pizza bases on a lined oven tray.
- Divide pizza sauce and cashew cheese evenly between both pizzas, and spread to create a creamy base.
- Top with tomato, spinach, garlic, basil, finishing with the mozzarella style shreds.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until pizza is crispy.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with an extra sprinkle of spinach, salt & pepper.
Recipe by @claydo_