Maple Chilli Cashews
Vegan, Gluten Free
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 portions
The ultimate 3pm snack to accompany your cuppa’ this Autumn, we’ve whipped up these sweet and spicy maple chilli cashews in a maple-chilli glaze that we think you’ll love. They also take only 20 minutes to make a batch that will last you all week long.
What nutrients are we talking about?
Yes, maple syrup is sugary-sweet…but here’s an excuse to enjoy a little; it contains important minerals such as calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium and manganese.
Cashews are also packed full of minerals, are a good source of protein and healthy fats, plus contain vitamins C, B, E and K.
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 cups OWN raw cashews
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a pan, bring maple syrup to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add cashews and chilli powder, then stir.
- Continue to stir until maple syrup has caramelised, roughly 4 minutes.
- Evenly scatter over a tray with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool and harden.
- Store in an air-tight container.
*Note: The amount of chilli powder recommended packs a slight punch. If you’re sensitive to spice, try using just half a teaspoon instead!
Recipe by @claydo_