Mango Mousse with Macadamia Crunch
Gluten Free | Vegan
SERVES: 2 large or 4 small servings
PREP: 15 minutes
REFRIGERATION TIME: 30+ minutes
Recipe by Laura Scherian
We are so fortunate that mangoes are in abundance this time of year in Queensland!
Fresh, fun, tasty and full of clean ingredients, this is a mousse with no guilt attached. Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and vegan, it is bound to suit majority of your family and guests over this festive season. Did I mention it is also extremely easy to make?? Well, it is!
Feel free to get creative with some layers of mousse and puree or change up the ingredients of the macadamia crunch. For a nut-free option remove the macadamias and add sunflower kernels or even some popcorn for something a little different. Also, fresh berries and a few mint leaves look great. A perfect dessert to make ahead of time for a dinner party or BBQ.
- 1 ½ cups Nakula organic coconut cream, cream part only
NOTE: To separate the cream place 2 cans of coconut cream in the refrigerator for at least 24hrs. After 24hrs remove coconut cream, do not shake, and carefully peel off lid. The thick, semi-solid part required for this recipe will be sitting on top. Carefully scoop it out, leaving the liquid behind.
- 1 ¾ cups organic mango puree
- 1-2 Tbsp. Locako vanilla monk fruit sweetener (this is optional – it also tastes delicious without it) or add ½ tsp. of Very Vanilla vanilla paste
- ¼ cup macadamia pieces
- ¼ cup OWN buckwheat grouts
- ¼ cup OWN shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. Chefs Choice maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 150oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl combine macadamia pieces, buckwheat, coconut, salt and maple syrup. Pour onto prepared tray and using a spoon spread out to a thin layer.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes or until crunch mixture is a light golden brown. Move mixture around with a spatula at least once to ensure an even toast.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. This mixture can be made days in advance if needed.
- Using an electric hand beater or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the coconut cream and vanilla paste or monk fruit sweetener (if using) until soft peaks form.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of the mango puree and gently fold through.
- Spoon mixture into serving glasses or bowls and top with leftover mango puree. Then, place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving (can be made 1-2 days in advance), Serve sprinkled with macadamia crunch.