Mango and Coconut ‘Nice Cream’ Bites
Vegan | gluten free | refined sugar free
Makes: 20 bite size pieces
Prep time: 25 mins
Set time: 2 hrs
These nice cream bites taste just like summer – the perfect no-nasty treat for those hot afternoons. Mangoes are high in fibre, promoting a healthy gut and aiding digestion. With no baking necessary this is a super easy, delicious treat that can be enjoyed by the entire family.
- 1 cup OWN almond meal
- ¾ cup OWN coconut flour
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp OWN coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water (more if needed)
“Nice cream” filling
- 2 mangos
- 2 cups OWN cashews (soaked overnight in 2 cups water)
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Peel and remove seed from mangoes & drain soaking cashews
- In a food processor, blend filling ingredients (let this process for a while – the longer it does, the smoother it will be)
- Whilst filling is processing, in a mixing bowl combine base ingredients this should form a dough like consistency. Press mixture into a lined container (if you want thick layers use a smaller container.) Place in freezer.
- Once filling gets to a smooth consistency, pour over base layer and top with coconut. Return to freezer and allow to completely set before cutting into desired pieces.
Recipe by Emily Smith