Immune Boosting Chicken Soup
Who doesn’t love a great winter soup!
- 5 Organics potatoes, washed with skin on
- One 1.5 kg organic (or free range) chicken
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 large brown onions
- Filtered water or stock (depending on pot size 1 – 2 cartons)
- Chop the potatoes into large chunks and put at the bottom of a stock pot
- Then add the onions and garlic which are coarsely chopped.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Then add to the pot with lemon slices and season with salt & pepper.
- Add enough water (or stock) to cover the top of the chicken
- Gently bring to a boil. Skim the surface and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup for approximately an hour. When you gently pull on a chicken leg, it should pull away easily from the joint.
- This is when you know it is ready!
- Remove the chicken and shred the meat.
- (If you wish to add more vegetables at this point you may, otherwise the simple flavours of this dish are delicious). Add the chicken meat back to the pot and serve.
This is great to have it on hand in the freezer for the winter colds and sniffles.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.