Homemade Fruit Rolls
It’s back-to-school time! Opt for these fruit rolls for a healthy alternative the kids will love.
Vegan, gluten free, nut free
4 medium sized organic apples, peeled and chopped
¾ cup organic raspberries, hulled
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 140 degrees
2. Place apples and raspberries in a large pot with 3 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid. Bring to a strong simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until apples have softened. Place in a blender with lemon juice and blend on high until completely puréed.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour purée on top and smooth until about 1/4” thick, making sure exterior edges are the same height as the interior.
4. Bake for 2-3 hours or until the fruit mixture begins to look dry (monitor closely). Turn off oven and leave in for 3-4 more hours or until completely dried. Remove from oven and leave to cool on the baking sheet.
5. Peel fruit mixture and cut into strips. Fruit rolls will last about month if stored in an air tight container.