Homemade Chocolate Twix
Prep: 10 mins
Set: 1 – 2 hrs
Makes: 20 bars
The easiest most tasty treat that the entire family will enjoy! This layered homemade chocolate twix bar has three parts… cookie, caramel & choc. Decadent & delicious and only made up of the best organic ingredients, you cant go wrong. These bars are also perfect to keep in the freezer for whenever you’re in the need for a sweet pick-me-up.
- 1 cup IF OWN almonds
- 1 cup OWN organic cashews
- 1 cup OWN organic coconut
- 1 tbsp PURE HARVEST rice malt syrup
- ½ cup OWN almond butter
- ½ cup PURE HARVEST rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp OWN extra virgin coco oil
- Organic dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp OWN extra virgin coconut oil
- Blend all crust ingredients in a blender or food processer until a crumble like texture forms (if the mixture isn’t slightly sticking together add a dash of water)
- Pour into large lined container or baking tray and press down until smooth and compacted. Place in freezer or fridge until needed
- In a small sauce pan gently heat caramel ingredients until combined and then pour over crust layer evenly. Return to freezer.
- Once set hard remove from freezer and chop into desired shapes & sizes.
- In a small saucepan gently heat chocolate and coconut oil until melted. Remove from heat.
- Coat bars in chocolate mixture and return to lined tray or container and place in the fridge or freezer to set & keep.
Recipe by @emjoysmith_