Greens & Grains with Orange dressing
Nutrient dense green salad – or serve slightly warm in the winter months!
- 1/2 cup cooked Flannerys Organic Lentils, rinsed ( bring to the boil 1 cup of lentils to 2 cups of water)
- 1/2 cup of cooked Flannerys Organic Black Turtle Beans, rinsed ( 1 cup Black Turtle Beans generally cooks with 3 cups of water)
- 1/2 cup of uncooked Flannerys Organic Red Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 organic Broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 small red onion
- Fresh thyme and rosemary for seasoning
- 1 cup of organic spinach leaves or greens
- 1 yellow capsicum for colour
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Organic Cranberries
- 3 TBS Flannerys Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
- 3 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Organic EV Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- a pinch of orange zest + salt and pepper to season
- If you have time, soak the beans and lentils over night before cooking and then drain and boil until soft – set aside off the heat
- Preheat your oven and add broccoli heads, chopped onion, garlic and a handful of chopped herbs to a bowl. Add 2 TBS olive oil and toss to coat – spread evenly on a lined baking tray and roast until golden.
- Cook the quinoa (1 cup quinoa to 1 1/2 cups of water) bring to the boil, stir until all the water has absorbed.
- Combine the lentils, beans, quinoa & roasted broccoli mix with the spinach leaves, chopped capsicum and finally a few cranberries.
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients to together in a jar and shaking well.
- Pour over the dressing to serve.