Goji berry + Brazil Nut Chocolate Slab
Vegan | Dairy-free | Gluten-free
PREP: 15 minutes
COOL TIME: 3+ hours
This one’s a new-y, it’s chewy and a little gooey! It’s a cross between a brownie and fudge, so delicious. This brownie-fudge hybrid is full of clean and healthy ingredients, that won’t leave you feeling sludgy and full of regrets. Just a little square of this slab, teamed with a cup of tea or coffee is sure to brighten your day!
When looking for healthy ingredients, the brazil nut is rarely the first nut to come to my mind. However, the humble brazil nut has many nutritional benefits. They are full of healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They are particularly high in selenium, which is a potent antioxidant. Also, they have an almost creamy texture, which goes great in this slab. However, get creative possible ‘add-ins’ are endless when it comes to this delicious slab!
- 1 ½ cups Chefs Choice coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups Flannerys cacao powder
- 1 ½ cups Absolute Organic coconut milk
- ¾- 1 cup Absolute Organic rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp. Very Vanilla vanilla essence
- A large pinch of salt
- 1 cup Flannerys brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Flannerys goji berries
- Melt coconut oil on the stove in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add cacao, coconut milk, rice malt syrup, vanilla essence and salt. Whiz together with a stick blender and combine well. If you do not have one, throw all ingredients into a regular blender.
- Add brazil nuts and combine with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Line a square slice tin or glass dish with baking paper. Pour in mixture and sprinkle goji berries on top. Place in fridge to set, this will take several hours.
- Remove from fridge and slice into pieces, keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
Recipe by Laura Scherian