Fruit & Nut Loaf
This Fruit & Nut Loaf recipe is perfect served with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 1/2 cup Organic Buckwheat Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Organic Wholemeal Spelt Flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Organic EV Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Flannerys Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/essence
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped roughly (we are using Flannerys Walnut Halves & Flannerys Macadamia Halves)
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped roughly (we are using Flannerys Organic Apricots & Flannerys Organic Raisins)
- Extra nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Soak the fruit in a bowl with 1 & 1/4 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla to the fruit.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and create a well in the centre.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combine.
- Finally, mix in the eggs and transfer to a lined loaf pan, sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the loaf has risen and a knife comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm with tea or coffee!