Easy Vegan Cheesecake
You’ll love this healthy vegan cheesecake that not only tastes amazing but is so simple to make! Enjoy filling up on the protein from nuts and fibre from dates. You’ll find this recipe fast becomes a last-minute saviour when you need something sweet, delicious and healthy!
Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian
1 cup (200g) Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup insecticide-free walnuts
½ cup macadamias, lightly roasted, plus extra for topping
1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and patted dry
Juice of 1 organic lemon
1/3 cup Flannerys Own organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
150ml organic coconut milk
½ cup Flannerys Own maple syrup
1. Line a small square baking tin with baking paper, including the base and sides, and set aside. The smaller the size of the tin, the thicker (and better!) the base will be.
2. For the crust, blitz dates in a blender/food processor until they’re small pieces. Remove and set aside.
3. Blitz walnuts and macadamias in the blender/processor until a fine consistency. Add dates back in and blitz until a dough forms (adding more nuts or dates if it’s too wet or dry).
4. Press the crust carefully down as the base in the lined baking tin. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm.
5. Meanwhile, for the filling blitz all ingredients in the blender until very smooth. Pour over the crust once firm in the baking tin, freeze for 5 hours or until set. Top with macadamias and enjoy!