Roasted Carrot Hummus
Vegan | Gluten free
Prep: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Everything tastes better when it’s homemade, so try your hand at this easy roasted carrot hummus dip recipe! Perfect for serving up with crackers and vege sticks on a Sunday afternoon.
Chickpeas are powerhouses of nutrition! They contain dietary fibre, polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, folate, magnesium, folate, potassium and iron – they are the hero of this dish.
- 2 x organic carrots – cut into quarters
- 1 x can (4000g) absolute organic chickpeas
- 2 x cloves of garlic
- 2 x tbsp. OWN unhulled tahini
- 5 x tbsp. Absolute Organic olive oil
- 2 x tbsp. Hemp foods Australia hemp oil
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 2 x tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 x juice of organic lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Chop carrots into quarters (leave skin on) and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Pop carrots in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes turning once or twice
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- In a blender or food processor add the carrots, tahini, hemp seeds, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and chickpeas and blend until completely smooth.
- Use as a dip, toast topper or as the perfect 3pm snack.
Recipe by: Bridget Hunt