Creamy Pumpkin and Spinach Pasta
If you are looking for an easy pasta dish that is sure to delight your friends and family, this creamy pumpkin and spinach pasta is it. It is so easy and fun to make and also a little bit different.
Pumpkin and feta are a match made in heaven, even more so when you use quality feta such as that from Barambah organics. Topped with crunchy walnuts and a hint of chilli. This dish seriously has it all. It is sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy, do I need to say more?
This pasta dish is also full of quality wholesome ingredients and nutritionally balanced. it is perfect for a mid-week meal and makes great leftovers for school or work the next day.
Recipe by Laura Scherian of Shez’s Kitchen
MAKES: 10 Serves
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- 200-300g organic pumpkin, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 block Barambah feta
- 1 sprig organic thyme
- 4 organic garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300g Girolomoni pasta (I used penne), cooked
- 2 large handfuls of organic spinach
- ¼ cup OWN finely chopped walnuts, roasted
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 180o In a medium baking tray place feta in the middle and pumpkin and garlic cloves (with skin on) around the feta. Drizzle olive oil and pull off thyme leaves, sprinkle over the tray along, and then season. Place in oven for 25 minutes or until pumpkin is just starting to turn golden.
- Once cooked and garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic out of their casings and into the tray.
- Next, gently mix together the contents of the tray to make a creamy sauce. Add the spinach, cooked pasta, and a splash of the pasta water. Mix again.
- Finally, top with roasted walnuts, garlic flakes, and a pinch of salt.