Coffee Bean and Chocolate Cupcakes
Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Vegetarian | Grain free
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15-20 mins
No one will believe you when you tell them that these delicious little cupcakes are dairy free, gluten free and contain no grains. Real and honest ingredients are used to create these pint-sized gems. The sneaky addition of black beans to this recipe adds bonus nutrients that are rarely found in average chocolate cupcakes, including protein and fibre. These delicious morsels are a great addition to a cup of coffee, your next work morning tea or an easy remedy when you need a sweet treat. I would suggest throwing a few in the freezer before icing to have a continuous supply of tasty snacks.
If a gentle coffee undertone is not your thing, leave it out. However, if coffee is totally your thing, you are going to love these! For those coffee lovers out there, ‘top’ them off, with a chocolate coated coffee bean.
- 400g tin Ceres Organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Very Vanilla vanilla extract
- 30ml shot of fresh coffee
- ½ tsp. Bob’s Red Mill bi-carb soda
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill baking powder
- ¼ cup OWN cacao powder
- ½ tsp. OWN salt
- 1/3 cup OWN coconut oil
- ½ cup Ambrosia raw organic honey
- 1/3 cup NOYA cashew spread
- 2 Tbsp. OWN organic cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp. Ambrosia raw organic honey
- 1 tsp. Very Vanilla vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp. Nutty Bruce almond milk
- Preheat oven to 1800 Line one and a half mini cupcake pans with mini baking cups.
- Place all cupcake ingredients a food processor and process for approximately 5 minutes or until smooth and aerated. The mixture will be very runny.
- Pour into prepared pan using a jug, filling each cup ¾ of the way.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch. Allow to completely cool before icing.
- To make the icing, place cashew spread, cacao powder, honey and vanilla essence in food processor. Pulse until combined well. Add 1 tablespoon of almond milk at a time until desired consistency is reached. Spread desired amount of icing onto each cupcake.
Recipe by Laura Scherian