Chocolate Souffles with Chocolate Sauce
Mmmm Mmmm… Chocolate Souffles! Gooey, chocolatey, warming goodness!
Ingredients (Chocolate Souffles)
- 3 TBS ghee
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder
- 100g dark chocolate (such as Loving Earth or Organic Dark Chocolate from the bulk bins)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 organic free range egg yolks
- 2 organic free range egg whites
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Xylitol
- Pinch Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt
- Pinch Flannerys Own Baking Powder
Ingredients (Chocolate Sauce)
- 4 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Maple Syrup
- 3 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Use 1 tablespoon of the ghee to grease 4 small ramekins.
- In a large heat proof bowl, resting over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate & remaining ghee.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the egg yolks (you will need to do this quickly so the eggs don’t cook) and then the vanilla.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs whites with the xylitol, salt & baking powder until the egg whites have formed soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon in the ramekins & bake for around 15 – 20 minutes (or until with souffles have risen).
- For the chocolate sauce combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve Souffles with ice cream of choice (we’re thinking something like So Delicious, Super Gelato, Coco Luscious or any of the delicious ice creams we have available in store) & a big drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- Chocolate heaven!