Choc Peanut Butter Slice
Elise Nash, from Eat Learn Flourish is our #FlannerysFoodie. She developed this recipe especially for Flannerys and even gave us the inside scoop on how to live a happy, healthy life – click here to see the interview.
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Dates (soaked for 15 minutes & then drained) or 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Pecan Kernels
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder
- 6 small ripe bananas
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Coconut Water
- 2 cups Flannerys Own Peanut Butter (approx. 400g)
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a deep baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all “base” ingredients and process for about 1 minute or until mixture resembles a biscuit crumble.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and press until even, firm and flat. Set aside.
- In the same food processor add banana, coconut oil, coconut water, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour 2/3 of the mixture into the baking dish and smooth out with a spoon until an even layer is formed.
- Place baking dish into the freezer for 20 minutes to allow this layer to slightly harden.
- Add cacao powder to the remaining mixture and process for 1 minute. Gently pour this mixture as the top layer in your baking dish (the layer below isn’t quite set yet so be gentle not to dig into the second layer). Smooth out with a spoon until an even layer is formed.
- Return back to the freezer and allow at least 4 hours for the slice to set (but it can be stored frozen for 3-4 weeks).
- When you’re ready to eat, remove slice from freezer and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove slice from baking dish and slice into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!