Choc Oat Bars
Why do we LOVE oats? Oats are a mighty little grain that are very versatile. Oats keep you fuller for longer, are slowly absorbed (prevent blood sugar spikes) and are full of vitamins & mineral, like magnesium.
Try our Flannerys Own Organic Oats in our no bake Choc Oat Bars.
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder
- 3 cups Flannerys Own Organic Oats
- 1 cup (or about 100g) chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Almond Spread
- Grease & line a slice tin. Melt coconut oil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the coconut sugar & vanilla. Once combined mix in the oats & cacao powder. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until well combined.
- Press half of the mixture into the slice tin (to form the base), reserve the other half.
- In a small saucepan add the chocolate & peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over oat base & sprinkle with remaining oat mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm prior to slicing and serving.