Choc Almond Bars with Chia Jam
Our community is full of many inspiring foodies including the one & only Holly from the Paradise Pantry. The Paradise Pantry is a blog dedicated to sharing cooking and lifestyle tips to help your body and mind thrive. Holly is a health nerd and self confessed tea, banana and nut butter lover, what’s not to love? We wanted to know a little more about Holly so we quizzed her on all things healthy living – you can find the blog here. She even created these goodies for us – enjoy!
- 1 TBS Flannerys Own Macadamia Oil
- 1 cup homemade almond butter (recipe below)
- 12 medjool dates
- 2 drops ginger essential oil / 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Puffed Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Pepitas
- Pinch Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Goji berries
- 5-10 squares (depending how much chocolate you like) of your favourite vegan chocolate / good quality 70% chocolate
- 1/2 cup strawberry chia jam (recipe below)
- Good handful of Flannerys Own Cacao Nibs
- Combine oil, dates and almond butter in a saucepan over low heat and mix and mash until it is all combined.
- Remove from heat and add ginger and vanilla paste.
- Mix in the quinoa, coconut, pumpkin seeds, salt and goji berries.
- Place in a baking tray lined with baking paper and push the mixture down evenly so its compact, place in the fridge or freezer for an hour – make the chia jam in this time.
- Cut into your desired shape – I used a circle cookie cutter.
- Melt chocolate and then drizzle over the bars.
- Blob strawberry chia jam in the middle and sprinkle some cacao nibs on top.
- Put back in the fridge or serve immediately. Enjoy!
Store in fridge up to 5 days. Freezes well.
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Chia Seeds
- 1 punnet strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Maple syrup
- Wash and cut strawberries in half.
- Add to a saucepan with the maple syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Squish them with a fork or a masher and release as much liquid as possible.
- Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, if it is still too runny add more chia.
- Keep in a jar in the fridge up to 5 days & put it on everything.
Homemade Almond Butter
- 2 cups Flannerys Own Almonds
- Pinch of Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Spread the almonds out on a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into a food processor and add salt.
- Process for what seems like forever, you’ll need to scrape down the sides a few times but it will eventually turn into the best almond butter ever!
- Store in a jar in the fridge and spread it on everything.