Charred Corn and Chickpea Salad with Smokey Miso Vinaigrette
This is the perfect simple but delicious salad to have at your summer BBQ! The dressing makes extra but that’s ok as it works perfectly with grilled meats and seafood or for snacking, serve over some smashed miso avocado and corn chips for dipping.
Recipe created by Tom Walton for Umami Pantry
- Miso dressing
- 2-3 tbsp Umami Pantry Fresh Sweet White Miso (Shiro)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Zest & juice 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, finely crushed
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet smokey paprika
- Pinch chili (optional)
- 4 heads corn, husk removed
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup each, dill, mint, picked
- ¼ cup shallots, finely sliced
- Lime to serve
- To begin, make the dressing by whisking together the miso dressing ingredients and season to taste. Set aside in the fridge
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, lightly season with salt and add the corn. Cook for 8 minutes then remove and drain.
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan and cook the corn, turning until nicely charred. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then cut the corn off the cob. Place in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, lightly season with salt and pepper and dress with a generous amount of the miso dressing.
- Serve with extra lime alongside your favourite grilled meats.