Breakfast Oats to Get Up & Go
Serves: 1 | Time: 15 minutes
recipe by @fooddesignstudio
Kick start your day with great food! Caramelised bananas, cinnamon, tahini & fibre-filled oats are the perfect combo to get you moving.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large banana or 2 small bananas, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Nutty Bruce Activated Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- OWN Hulled Tahini
- Hemp seeds
- OWN Insecticide Free Almonds
- Maple syrup
- We love OWN Tahini for a calcium boost, hemp seeds for healthy fats, almonds for protein and maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
- Preheat a large frying pan on a medium heat.
- When at temperature add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and lay your sliced banana in it. Gently fry and caramelise the banana for a few minutes. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, add the steel cut oats and toast gently for 5 minutes. [this is the secret to really really good oats!]
- Pour in your milk of choice, sprinkle with the cinnamon and chia seeds and gently simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 5-10 minutes or until the oats are cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the oats into a large bowl, pour over some extra milk if you prefer more liquid, and top with the caramelised banana and any toppings of your choice.