Brazil Nut Almond Slice
Vegan | Dairy Free
Cook: 20 mins
Set: 2 hrs+
Brazil nuts are among one of the richest sources of selenium, and their consumption can be comparable to that of selenium supplementation. They are also rich sources of other health-promoting micronutrients such as magnesium, zinc, and copper, high protein, essential fatty acids and bioactive compounds. Selenium is a potent antioxidant and is supports your immune system, thyroid hormone regulation and detoxification.
This brazil nut almond slice is going to be a sure fire hit in your kitchen! Perfect for those chocolate cravings, and suitable for vegans! The Vego bar adds a delicious hazelnut element that will hit that sweet spot.
- 1 x cup almonds
- 1 x cup brazil nuts
- 2 x cup desiccated coconut
- 7-8 x dates soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 4 x tsp Superfeast Jing mushroom extract
- 2 x tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 x vego chocolate bars 150g
- ¼ x cup coconut oil
- ¼ x cup cacao powder
- 2 x tsp vanilla
- In a food processor, add dates, almonds, brazil nuts, desiccated coconut and blend until a crumbly consistency is reached.
- Add coconut oil and Jing mushroom extract and blend until combined.
- In a lined baking tray, press base into pan until evenly distributed throughout the base of the pan (roughly 1 – 2cm thick).
- Place into freezer to set for 2 hours.
- While base is in the freezer, in a double boiler, melt the Vego 150g chocolate bars until creamy and melted.
- Add coconut oil, cacao powder (can reduce if you do not enjoy dark chocolate so much) and vanilla and whisk together until completely combined.
- Remove base from freezer and pour chocolate over base and spread evenly and return to the freezer to complete, setting.
- Once set, remove from freezer and slice into bite sized pieces and enjoy!
Recipe by Bridget Hunt