Bone Broth Egg Drop Soup
Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Nut Free | Paleo
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
This delicious bone broth egg drop soup is so easy, quick and tasty. A perfect winter warmer with plenty of circulatory stimulants such as ginger, garlic, chilli and pepper as well as being extremely nourishing, with gut healing properties from the Bone Broth. Food as medicine at its best!
- 1 Tbsp. Spiral sesame oil
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 tsp. ginger, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 mild chilli, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Megachef fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Spiral organic tamari
- ½ teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced length ways
- 1 bunch pak choy, leaves separated and halved
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
- 1 10g packet of Honest Sea- sea salt seaweed (optional)
- In a large saucepan heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and gently sauté, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add bone broth and bring to the boil. Reduce to medium heat and add chilli, fish sauce, tamari, white pepper, broccolini and pak choy, then cook for 1 minute. Remove vegetables and set to the side.
- Finally, add the spring onion to the soup and turn the heat down to a gentle simmer. Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan, slowly and steadily, whilst continually stirring the soup gently in one direction. Divide vegetables and soup into bowls and top with coriander and sliced seaweed if desired.
Recipe by @laura_scherian