Beetroot Cashew Dip
Dairy Free | Vegan
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
There is nothing better than delicious dip. For a snack, an easy Sunday lunch or as part of a grazing board for all the sporting finals that are on this month. However, have you ever read some of the ingredients that are put in dips? Preservatives and other hidden nasties quite often frequent the ingredient list in pre-made shelf dips. The moral of this story is, have a quick read the labels or have a go at making your own. They are really easy to whip up and usually much more economical too!
This moreish Beetroot Cashew dip is packed with flavour and the end result provides a great colour that is sure to brighten your friend’s and family’s day. Perfect to team with the suggested garlic flatbreads or any other crackers or veggie sticks of your choice.
- 2 large organic beetroots, scrubbed
- 1 organic garlic clove
- ½ tsp. Planet Organic cumin, ground
- ½ tsp. Planet Organic coriander seeds, ground
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic cinnamon, ground
- 1 organic lemon, juice and rind
- 1 cup OWN organic cashews
- ¼ cup Absolute Organic olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Mountain Bread Spelt wraps
- 4 Tbsp. Absolute Organic olive oil
- 2-4 organic garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tsp. Hab Shifta Black seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray. Cut beetroots into quarters and place on prepared tray. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until soft. Allow to cool and then peel off skin.
- Place all dip ingredients in a food processor. Process until desired consistency is achieved. Place in refrigerator until read to serve.
- Turn on oven grill with fan assist. Place mountain breads on oven trays. Spread olive oil and garlic evenly on mountain bread, then sprinkle with black seeds.
- Place under grill for approximately 5 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- Roughly break up each mountain bread into approximately 8 pieces and serve with dip.
Recipe by Laura Scherian