Allergen-free Banana Pancakes
egg free | dairy free | gluten free
Cook time: 20 minutes
These banana pancakes are a fun and healthy option for those craving something delicious that is egg free, dairy free and gluten free. This is fun to make with your kids on a Sunday morning, and can go crazy with delicious toppings! Freeze any leftovers for an easy snack.
- 2 – 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup OWN buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: ½ cup OWN rolled oats (don’t include for gluten-free option)
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond milk
- Coconut oil for pan
- Mash bananas in bowl and mix in coconut oil, add all the dry ingredients and roughly mix together.
- Stir in the almond milk until the batter is well mixed, and slightly runny.
- Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat and lightly coat with coconut oil.
- Scoop batter evenly using a measuring cup and cook until bubbles start to surface and the bottom is golden-brown, and flip!
- Serve with toppings to your hearts desire.
- Coyo Vanilla Bean Coconut Yoghurt
- Fresh fruits
- OWN Certified Organic peanut butter
- Locally-sourced honey or rice malt syrup
We are supporting Allergy Awareness Week (26 May – 1 June), and if you want to learn more about shopping for food allergies, you can follow our blog post here