Banana Choc Ice Blocks with Almond Crust
When it is a super hot day outside and you are looking for a way to cool off or maybe you just want a healthy delicious dessert for the family, look no further than our Banana Choc Ice Blocks with Almond Crust. And if you didn’t know it already bananas are full of goodness – fiber, potassium, vitamin C and B6 can all be found in the good old banana.
Ingredients (Banana Ice Block Base)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS maple syrup (optional)
Ingredients (Choc Almond Crust)
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Raw Almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Flannerys Own Organic EV Coconut Oil, softened
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- In a blender add the bananas, coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup and blend until combined. Transfer to ice cream moulds and freeze until solid (overnight is best).
- Once the ice blocks are completely frozen you can prepare choc almond coating.
- Roast the almonds for 10 – 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- In a small bowl add the cacao, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla, whisking until well combined.
- To give the ice blocks their ‘choc tip’ either dip the ice blocks in the chocolate mixture or drizzle the chocolate over them (get creative here), finish with a sprinkle of roasted almonds (you could also used shredded coconut, other types of nuts or cacao nibs).