Banana Choc Almond Muffins
Gluten Free | Vegetarian
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
NO NASTY CHOCOLATE TREATS!
Perfect for kiddies who crave sweets through the day but you don’t want to pack them with high sugared packaged foods! These banana choc & almond muffins are a simple and easy way to crush that afternoon craving. Packed with only the best ingredients.
- 2 cups OWN almond meal
- 2 large organic extra ripe bananas
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup OWN cacao powder
- ¾ cup Nutty Bruce coco almond milk
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup OWN peanut butter
- ¼ cup OWN flaked almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with silicone moulds
- Smash bananas & mix with almond milk, eggs & rice malt syrup
- Add almond meal, cacao & baking powder. Mix together until wet and dry ingredients have combined.
- Spoon half the mixture into silicone moulds. Then add a small amount of peanut butter to each muffin. Spoon remaining of mixture evenly amongst moulds covering the peanut butter.
- Top with flaked almonds
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 mins or until golden. [if you stick a skewer in it should come out clean when cooked through.]
Recipe by Emily Smith