Banana, Apricot & Coconut Brekkie Muffins
These delicious brekkie muffins make the most of the wonderful goodies we have in our bulk section. Easy to make, these are a very convenient on-breakfast option which you can meal prep on weekends ready for the busy week ahead.
Recipe by: @fooddesignstudio
Serves: 9 muffins | Time: 40 minutes | Vegetarian
- 1 ½ cups Flannery’s OWN Rolled Oats
- 1 ¼ cups Flannery’s OWN Spelt Flour
- ½ cup Flannery’s OWN Rapadura Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 eggs
Mix-ins (from Bulk)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 3 large dried bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees bake. Line a 9 hole muffin tin with muffin or cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients (rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon).
- Dice your dried apricot and dried banana mix-ins up finely and add to the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl whisk the eggs with the wet ingredients (coconut oil, mashed banana, oat milk).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold through to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to add approx. 3 tablespoons of the batter into each liner. Repeat this process until you have a level batter in each of the 9 muffin liners).
- Sprinkle with a pinch of extra rolled oats.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the tin.