Baked Lemon Chicken
Looking for new ways to get bone broth into your diet? How about Baked Lemon Chicken? We’ve made this recipe with The Wholefood Pantry Beef Bone Broth Hearty Original.
Why are we loving this product?
Bone broth has been made for hundreds of years by our grandparents and their grandparents. Bone broth is high in protein and rich in minerals that can support immunity and adrenals, plus contains healing compounds such as collagen, glutamine, that can help with joint health as well as improving digestive health and reducing inflammation – yew!
The Wholefood Pantry Beef Bone Broth is NEW in store at Flannerys Maroochydore…
Available in three flavours: Hearty Original; Turmeric; & Herb + Garlic
1-2kg organic chicken of choice (we used organic legs)
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Olive Oil
Juice 1 lemon
2 tsp fresh herbs (we like to use parsley, chives or dill)
1 tsp Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt
1 tsp fresh black pepper
1 lemon, finely sliced
1/2 cup The Wholefood Pantry Beef Bone Broth
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a fry pan over medium heat add half of the olive oil and fry the chicken until brown all over.
3. Transfer to an oven proof dish and top with remaining olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs, salt, pepper, lemon slices and bone broth.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken and bake for another 15 minutes. Increase heat to 220 degrees and bake for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is golden.
5. Serve with steamed greens of choice.