Asian Style Salmon
Salmon is packed with omega-3 essential fats to help support healthy skin and hair. As a lean source of protein, it helps repair cells and muscles, supports weight management, hormone production, transporting nutrients, optimal energy levels and a strong immune system. Enjoy these tasty Asian style flavours!
Fresh ginger piece (2cm), finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely sliced
3 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
1 tbsp mirin
Drizzle of Flannerys Own organic extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
4 organic salmon fillets
Optional: sesame seeds
1. Mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup, mirin, olive oil, sea salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Place salmon fillets in a baking dish. Pour half the mixture over salmon fillets, cover with cling wrap of beeswax wrap and place in the fridge to marinade for at least 20 minutes.
3. Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Once hot, add the salmon (skin down) – careful of the hot oil spitting. Cook for 2 minutes, pour the rest of the sticky mixture over and cook for another minute until cooked halfway through.
4. Turn and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with a salad and pour juices from the pan over salmon and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.