Aloe Vera Digestive tonic
Dairy-free | Gluten-free | Vegetarian | Nut-Free
PREP: 10 Minutes
STEEP TIME: 1hr +
Aloe Vera has many health benefits that extend well beyond the most common use of relieving sunburn. So what else can Aloe Vera do for me you ask? Well, the juice from Aloe Vera has many possible benefits to one’s digestive function. Commonly used to assist with bowel movements, relieve heart burn and for other soothing effects on the digestive tract. Aloe Vera may also ease skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and dermatitis, is very hydrating and is also packed with vitamins and minerals.
The taste of Aloe Vera juice is palatable but can also be rather boring (well that is just my honest opinion!) Not to fear, I have teamed it up with some natural sweetness from raw honey, fresh mint, raspberries and a splash of lime juice to give it a little sass. Voila, a star has been born. A refreshing and nourishing digestive tonic to enjoy anytime of the day.
- 400ml Aloe Vera of Australian Natural Juice
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- 1 organic lime, sliced
- 125g organic raspberries
- ½ cup organic mint leaves, plus some to garnish
- 1/3- ½ cup Ambrosia raw honey
- Ice cubes
- In a large jug gently whisk together Aloe Vera juice and honey, until honey is dissolved.
- Add half of the raspberries, sliced lime and mint leaves, gently stir and then leave to steep in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Fill four glasses half way with ice cubes and equally distribute remaining raspberries, lime and mint leaves. Pour over Aloe Vera mixture and serve.
Recipe by Laura Scherian