Almond & Maca Slice
Gluten free | Dairy free | Vegan
PREP: 5 Mins
SET: 1 Hr
A quick and easy recipe that is the perfect at home activity to get the kids involved in! Perfect for a midday snack, this slice has only the best ingredients so you won’t feel guilty for letting the kids have ‘something sweet’. Get the little ones involved by letting them measure out quantities and press mixture into the pan.
- 2 cups OWN Oats
- 1 cup OWN coconut (desiccated or shredded both work)
- 1 cup OWN Almonds
- 2 Tbsp OWN Maca Powder
- 1 cup dates (soaked for a few minutes in hot water)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1. In a food processor, add all the dry ingredients and blitz for 30 seconds.
2. Add dates and maple syrup and a tiny bit of water, to help it bind together.
3. Line a small tin with baking paper and spoon mixture and flatten.
4. Place in freezer to set.
5. Once set, remove from freezer and cut into bars. Can be topped with some melted chocolate and coconut for a little extra something.
Recipe by @emjoysmith_