Almond Butter and Banana French Toast
Dairy-free | Vegetarian
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 8 minutes
What is better than some French toast for a lazy weekend breakfast? Well, actually stuffed French toast! This recipe is a sweet and hearty breakfast option. Full of clean wholesome ingredients, and a great substitute for boring Sunday bacon and eggs. It is so incredibly easy to make!
Melrose has so many wonderful nut butters in their range. I love their macadamia and cashew spread, as well as straight-up almond spread. Peanut butter also works, so get creative. Top with whatever tickles your fancy, some options include, ice-cream, yoghurt, maple syrup, honey and fresh sliced fruit and berries.
This stuffed French toast is so delicious and just a bit special. The perfect surprise for someone you love (Father’s Day is soon!) Why not try it this weekend?
- 2 slices Ancient Grains bread (I used oat)
- 2 Tbsp. Melrose nut butter
- 1 organic banana, thinly sliced
- 1 organic egg
- ½ tsp Simply Organic cinnamon
- ¼ cup Oatly milk
- 1 Tbsp. OWN coconut oil
- 1 scoop Denada ice cream (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp. OWN raw honey or Absolute Organic maple syrup
- Spread almond butter on both pieces of bread. Layer one piece with banana slices, then place the other slice on top.
- In a shallow bowl whisk together, egg, cinnamon and oat milk until fully combined. Then, soak both sides of your sandwich until moisture is absorbed.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry sandwich for about 4 minutes each side or until golden.
- Cut in half and serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup and top with some ice-cream.