10-minute Smoky Jackfruit Burgers
Vegan, Gluten Free
Makes: 3 burgers
Cooking time: 10 minutes
This super simple meal idea is one to bookmark for mid-week when time is sparse, making the daunting question “what’s for dinner” easy to answer – even for the vegan and gluten-intolerant folk!
Make Upton’s Naturals Jackfruit and Woodstock Original Bar-B-Q sauce staple items in your refrigerator for lazy evenings when temptation to reach for a fast-food app strikes; Upton’s products are all vegan with no GMO’s plus low in fat. Woodstock Bar-B-Q sauce is also organic, delicious and GMO free.
- Gluten Freedom Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- ¼ organic red cabbage, thinly chopped
- ¼ organic white cabbage, thinly chopped
- 1 cup organic baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup spring onion, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 4 heaped tbsp. Absolute Organic Egg Free Mayonnaise
- Upton’s Naturals Original Jackfruit
- 6 tbsp. Woodstock Original Bar-B-G Sauce
- Salt & pepper
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, spinach and spring onion. Add the mayonnaise, lime and a pinch of salt & pepper. Stir through until dressing covers the slaw evenly.
- Into a large pan over medium-high heat, add the jackfruit. Fry until hot and golden, breaking up into smaller pieces with your spatula if necessary. Add the Bar-B-Q sauce, stirring through for one minute until jackfruit is infused with the smoky flavour.
- Top your Gluten Freedom buns with slaw and smoky jackfruit. Buns can be toasted in a pan if preferred.
Recipe by @claydo_