Easter Feast Food Kits
Easter, along with Christmas, is about sharing delicious, communal foods with family and friends. Being prepared, and adding a few staples to your Easter grocery list, will ensure plenty of crowd-pleasing sides, snack and desserts.
Easter can be a time where people fall off the health bandwagon. Let’s face it, it’s difficult not to overindulge being surrounded with hot cross buns and chocolate eggs. However, there are many healthy choices you can make when it comes to Easter festivities and not only to enjoy the food but nourish your body as well. We have put together three kits with suggestions for fun and nutrient-boosting side dishes, picnic snacks and dessert suggestions to keep you satisfied.
BBQ Sides Kit:
Fill up your guest’s tummies with nutritious food to go with your Easter ham or seafood, going with a variety of tastes and textures will ensure everyone gets a balanced plate.
- Taylor Farms Toasted Sesame Chopped Salad – this crunchy, yummy salad comes with pre-prepared sachets of crispy puffed quinoa, a toasted sesame dressing and sunflower seeds, which are high in healthy fats and selenium, and help protect the body against free radicals.
- The Gluten Free Food Co. Mac N Cheez – It can be difficult to cater to a wide variety of diets and ways of eating these days. For families out there with vegans, this is a satisfying alternative to a dairy based mac n cheese. Coming in 4 delicious flavours, original, chive, porcini and chilli, they not only cater to vegans but also coeliacs as well. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley for some added antioxidants.
- 13 Seeds Hempamole – with hemp seeds and avocado in the mix, these pack a nutrient dense punch! Hemp is a complete source of protein and high in healthy omega 3 fatty acids. This will make the perfect accompaniment to any dish!
If you have chosen to have an Easter get together outdoors, easy and ready to go snacks are a must! Here are our suggestions to fill your picnic basket.
- Flannerys Own Purple Corn Chips
Made with purple corn, these are a must-have for your picnic. Easy to chuck in a bowl and surround with dips and cheeses for an easy snack.
- Syndian Dips
These come in a wide variety of flavours from baba ganoush to grilled capsicum hummus. A perfect companion for the purple corn chips!
- Ceres Organic Toasted Seaweed Snacks
A great source of iodine and a favourite for the kids, easy to pass around in their individual packs for a salty snack.
- Bulk Foods
At various Flannerys stores we have bulk food bins filled with the perfect picnic snacks. Head to the chocolate section for some moon macadamias for a sweet treat or opt for some nuts such as tamari almonds which are easy salad toppers.
There are so many healthy dessert options now that are gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan, the list goes on! And they actually taste amazing! Sweeteners such as coconut sugar or stevia can be found instead of refined sugar and are low on the Glycaemic Index. Furthermore, this means they don’t spike your blood sugar but satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Loving Earth Chocolate
If you don’t know this company then do yourself a favour and try it! Made with organic ingredients and available in flavours such as mint, raspberry, and mandarin…there is something for everyone. Boobook Raw Chocolate Easter eggs are also available now and 50% of the profits are donated to declaring the Mountain Ash Forests in Victoria a national park!
- Zebra Dream Ice Cream
Based on coconut milk, these creamy, dreamy delights will be a huge hit.
- Fresh Produce
Mix together your favourite organic fruits from our fresh produce department and pair together with some Coyo yoghurt. Don’t forget to add a sprinkling of some OWN cacao nibs.
By Courtney Blematl ~ Flannnerys Naturopath (Student)
Head over to our recipes page here for more Easter feast inspiration!
Share this post with your friends