Introducing Our ‘OWN’ Guide to Alkaline Water
To celebrate the latest release of our ‘OWN’ Alkaline Water pH9+, we have put together a guide on some of the reasons you may want to consider drinking this super water.
Alkaline water contains a range of minerals which can be essential in supporting hydration, filtering toxins, and assist in overall health and well-being.
What Is Alkaline Water?
- Water with an alkalinity of 8+ on the pH scale (standard tap water is around a neutral pH of 7)
- Found naturally from springs and wells or via ionization
- Alkaline water contains natural minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, which are easily absorbed and utilized in the body
Why Drink It?
- Natural Alkaline water contains minerals which can help with electrolyte balance and antioxidant properties. In effect, this can hydrate and prevent damage on a cellular level, improving dehydration, energy levels and overall health
- Alkaline water may assist with buffering body acidity by providing the body with mineral salts. Modern Western diets’ high intake of grains, sugar, animal products and processed foods have been shown to cause low grade acidity in the body. This has been linked to thicker blood viscosity (1), cardiovascular disease, diabetes (2), bone demineralization, muscle wasting and pain, lethargy and kidney stones (3).
- Alkaline water with a pH8.8 may assist with reducing commonly reported reflux symptoms and occurrence via the deactivation of pepsin, responsible for reflux (4)
- Importantly, it does not contain heavy metals, chemicals and toxins, therefore your body does not have to filter these out. This can result in reduced chemical burdens and assist with detoxification to help improve skin and digestive health
- For those that don’t like the taste of tap water, it may assist with increasing your water intake
- The taste is fresh, crisp, and clean
In Store Products Available
For the Home
Zazen Alkaline Water System
On The GO
OWN Alkaline Water pH9+ bottled at the source in NSW (available in 600ml and 1.5L bottles)
With everything in life, balance is the key. If you have any questions please see one of our in-store Naturopaths, or visit your health care provider.
By Melissa Milthorpe ~ Flannerys Naturopath
- WANG Yu-lian (First Hospital of Shanghai Textile, Shanghai 200060, China) http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJFDTOTAL-SHYI200112005.htm
Share this post with your friends