Nut Milk Delight!
Our guide to soaking delicious nuts and making your own nut-milk creations!
Once you realize how simple it really is, you’ll be pulling out your nut bags and filling your fridge with beautiful creamy goodness. Experiment with different variations and flavours – the sky’s the limit, but generally this is a helpful guide to get you started.
We highly recommend that you soak your nuts first. This helps to eliminate the natural chemicals that the nuts are covered in, which are indigestible to the human body and acts as a barrier to access all the valuable nutrients and vitamins. In turn, it helps to be kind on your digestive system and the best thing is you don’t have to dry out your nuts afterwards to create milk.
Soaking your nuts:
- Wash your nuts under filtered water, then drain
- Place any nuts you have in a glass jar or bowl and fill with filtered water to cover completely.
- Cover your jar/bowl with a clean cloth, by laying it over the top
- Leave nuts to soak overnight or for at least 12 hours – if you can drain, rinse and replenish the water in your bowl a couple of times
- Drain and rinse your nuts
Basic Nut Milk Recipe
• 1 cup of organic raw unsalted nuts (of your choice), pre-soaked
• 4 cups of filtered/purified water
- We recommend you soak your nuts overnight to remove any enzymes & enable the digestion process
- Discard the soaking water & add nuts & fresh filtered water to a blender – process on high until smooth and creamy
- Strain milk through a nut bag/cheesecloth and squeeze the liquid into a glass jar/bottle
- Cover and keep in the fridge – which should last for about 4-5 days
- Be sure to shake up your bottle before serving as separation often occurs with making home-made nut milks!
Optional extras to add:
- We highly recommend adding 1 organic vanilla bean or a tsp of organic vanilla extract for a creamy vanilla sweetness at the time of blending
- A pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 1 TBS of Organic Honey or Maple Syrup for sweetness
For more delicious nuts milk recipes check out our recipe page here!
Share this post with your friends