Raw Raspberry Pie
This delicious Raw Raspberry Pie recipe was created by Moira Bradfield, Senior Lecturer at Endeavour College of Natural Medicine.
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Raw Almonds
- 1 tsp Flannerys Own Chia Seeds
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Dates
- 1 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Raw Cashews, soaked overnight (or for at least 3 hours if you are time poor)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Juice a lime
- 1 TBS Flannerys Own Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup (or any liquid sweetner of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- Line a 20-25cm springform pan.
- For the base, process the almonds in a high powered processor until finely ground. Add in the chia seeds, coconut, dates, cacao, salt and vanilla and process until it has a sticky fine grain consistency. Press the mixture into the springform pan, ensuring that you go up the sides. Place into the freezer to set quickly or in the fridge for 1 hour.
- For the filling, drain the cashews and blend all the filling ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth. Pour into the base and allow to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours. You can also freeze if you like a firmer pie.
- Once set, unlock the spring pan and remove from the base. Dress with fresh berries or more shredded coconut and serve. Will keep refrigerated for several days or in freezer for a couple of weeks.
- For a twist, make a lime pie by adding zest of the lime and omitting the raspberries, or add 1 tablespoon of cacao powder to the filling for a Choc Raspberry Pie.