Pear Almond Tea Cake
Morning tea, afternoon tea, dessert and supper are all sorted with our Pear Almond Tea Cake and it’s gluten free!
- 4 pears (or apples if pears are unavailable)
- 2 TBS ghee
- 1 3/4 cups Flannerys Own Xylitol plus additional 3 tsp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 1/4 cups Flannerys Own Ground Almond Meal
- 8 large organic eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, plus additional 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Flannerys Own Slithered Almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease & line a 25cm springform pan.
- Peel, core & slice three of the four pears. Add the pears to a small saucepan with the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of the Xylitol. Simmer the pears, covered, for around 15 minutes or until the pears are soft. Mash the pears.
- Add the almond meal and the xylitol to food processor and pulse until combined. Add the eggs, the vanilla & pear puree and continue to process until the ingredients are combined.
- Pure mixture into the lined springform tin.
Peel, core & slice the remaining pear and add it to a small fry pan. Sauté the pear over low heat with the honey, ¼ teaspoon of vanilla & coconut oil until glossy.
- Gently place the pear slices on top of the batter and sprinkle with the slithered almonds.
- Cook cake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with your favourite tea.