Orange Almond Cake
Fluffy Orange Almond Cake made with our Flannerys Own Almond Spread.
- 1 large unpeeled organic orange, cut into quarters
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Blanched Almond Meal
- 1/2 jar (125g) Flannerys Own Almond Spread
- 1 tsp Flannerys Own Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients (Orange Maple Syrup, optional)
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 TBS fresh orange juice
- Rind of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a food processor add the orange quarters and process on high until pureed. If you think your food processor will have trouble pureeing the orange skin you can always grate them and puree the orange flesh.
- Add in all the remaining cake ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a lined cake tin of choice (we have used a spring form tin for ease of use but you could always use a loaf tin).
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Meanwhile make the syrup (if desired) by stirring the coconut oil, maple syrup and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat until the coconut oil melts. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Once the cake has cooked and is cooled slightly drizzle the syrup over the cake.