Fig and Cashew Paleo Bars
Figs are a great source of soluble fibre and provide a natural sweetness, which is much better for our health than added sugar. Enjoy these delicious paleo bars as a healthy snack or dessert over summer. These are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free & paleo as well.
- 1 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Organic Figs (stemless)
- 2 cups Flannerys Own Organic Raw Cashews, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Coconut Chips, plus extra for topping
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup Flannerys Own Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Flannerys Own Cacao Powder
- Place figs, cashews, coconut, 1 tsp vanilla and salt in a food processor and blend until mixed well, but not pureed.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking dish and press down with a fork until mixture is flat.
- Mix the coconut oil, cacao powder and 1 tsp vanilla together in a small saucepan over a low heat until melted, then pour over the fig and cashew mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle extra coconut, cashews and sea salt over the top of the icing and pop in the fridge for 2–3 hours or until hardened. Enjoy!