Easy Amaranth Tabbouleh
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup amaranth, uncooked
- 2 cups cucumber, diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained
- Savoury yeast flakes
- Bring water and amaranth to the boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumber, onion, parsley, pine nuts, the juice of 1 lemon, chickpeas and a generous sprinkle of savoury yeast flakes in large bowl.
- Drain and rinse amaranth under cold water once cooked. Add to the large bowl and toss to combine well. Add a sprinkle of salt flakes and pepper and enjoy!
Share this recipe with your friends